Employers often forget the benefit of hiring freelance or independent contractors. They get stuck with bad employees and have a hard time realizing ROI. Here is a short list of benefits to hiring a technical contractor, in no particular order...
1. You never pay for employee down time, sick time, PTO, unemployment, or water cooler talk.
2. Eliminate the cost of pricy benefits like (medical, dental, vision, 401K, etc.)
3. Leverage a library of previous work and yield shorter lead times for project completion.
4. Leverage proven designs.
5. Leverage a network of skill sets and capabilities.
6. Save money on capitol equipment like computers, desks, software, test equipment, etc.
7. Circumvent costly and timely SOP and internal bureaucratic standards.
8. Stay within tight cost constraints with fixed cost contracting.
9. Utilize experience from numerous industries and a wide variety of projects.
10. Hire someone that know what it is like to balance the bottom line of their own company and therefore provides you will labor conscious of the ROI principle.
Coaction Staff Writers